Thursday, April 22, 2010

I am obsessed.......

I have realized this morning, that I am obsessed with the checking and rechecking my Etsy shop for any change what so ever.

I have come to the conclusion that this is a lot like watching water boil.

To not lose your sanity on a site like Etsy, I think you do need to step off for a few days.

It takes me a day to 2 days to make my little creations and I believe that I could probably get those out quicker if I wasn't refreshing my shop, floating aimlessly around the forums and playing in the chat rooms.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that you do need to do these things to network, answer questions, have questions answered, but I think that like all things, it must be done in moderation.

You can check your shop for convos, post listings, renew items, change your shop announcement, but then get off. Hanging around cuts into your production time and valuable photo light if you take pics outside.

So in light of all this I am going to conduct an experiment. Check my shop just for sales and messages, see if anything needs revamping and get off. Prepare stuff for listing and list on the weekends. Sundays will be forum and chat days. I will do this for my next fiscal month and see how that compares to the previous month.

I do have mentors on Etsy and I hardly ever see them around. Top Sellers, hardly ever see them around. I know they have other venues to attend to so I will have to see if that has anything to do with it as well.

I would be curious to hear if anyone else is doing or going to do something like this. Leave your comments and Happy Selling!

2 comments:

  1. Hey,
    I tried like you said to do Etsy but I found that it just took to much time. So now I spend an hour or Friday to post on Kijiji and I get about 6-8 sales a week this way. With Etsy I found that it was just to hard to get reconized.
    I think kijiji is fantastic and free. Now I have to say that I just post in my own city right now but a local store found me there and wants to start selling my hats. I do check my email several times but I just check do any respones and then get back to work. The hats I make are to order so once someone buys one I make it. I spend other time playing with other patterns.
    Thanks for the blog.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's great! 6-8 sales a week. Certainly something to consider. I have tried Kijiji before but here in my local area, people are not likely to buy online. I sell mostly in the US maybe I could list there?

    ReplyDelete